German boutique e-mobility company Urban Drivestyle is known for its unique, hand-crafted electric bicycles. Unlike your run-of-the-mill e-bikes, Urban Drivestyle’s creations boast unique styling, and a character that’s centered on fun. Founded by Ossian Vogel, Urban Drivestyle caters to the e-mobility enthusiast market, and sees all of its products developed and manufactured in its in-house factory in Berlin.
The first of the two bikes is the UDX SNIPES edition. Retailing for 2,290 Euros, or the equivalent of $2,473 USD, the UDX is Urban Drivestyle’s modern take on an electric, full-suspension BMX bike, but this time, chock full of technology. Of course, given the fact that this machine has put on quite a few pounds, don’t expect to be landing as many tricks as you would a conventional BMX. Nonetheless, what the UDX lacks in agility it makes up for in practicality.
Pedaling Towards The Future:
The UDX rolls on 20 x 4-inch fat tires make it a comfortable e-bike, even on rough, uneven terrain, while the rear suspension system further soaks up bumps and the occasional bunny hop. It’s powered by a 250W hub motor which propels it to a top speed of 25 kilometers per hour (16 miles per hour). As for styling, its eye-catching orange motif gives the bike unmistakable branding while its lithium-ion battery pack sits right above the down-tube, retaining the bike’s distinctly clean aesthetic.
The Unimoke SNIPES Edition is the second bike on offer, and it’s a more urban lifestyle-focused e-bike. It turns heads with its chic, retro styling, while its long and spacious saddle is capable of accommodating two-up riding. It’s equipped with a unique multi-rack system which allows you to mount a variety of luggage options and accessories, and can even be configured specifically for cargo transport. It fetches more of a premium against the UDX, though, at 2,990 Euros, or the equivalent of $3,229 USD.
Commenting on the collab between the two lifestyle brands, Matthias Schübbe, Head of Marketing at SNIPES stated, “We want to be part of the urban lifestyle of our community. And that goes beyond sneakers and apparel. With the collab with Urban Drivestyle, we are now also addressing the mobility needs of our community for the first time.The cooperation is therefore an important step for us to bring existing and new target groups closer to the SNIPES lifestyle and at the same time to show that we are further diversifying our product range and are consciously entering unconventional terrain for us.”
Take a peek at the Urban Drivestyle UDX and Unimoke SNIPES Editions in the photo gallery below.
Urban Drivestyle And SNIPES Collab To Release Two Limited-Edition E-Bike
UDX (BMX) SNIPES Edition | € 2,290
- Electric Pedal Assist Cycle (EPAC)
- Speed: 25 km/h (limited)
- Range: Up to 60 km (37 miles)*
- Brakes: Disc brakes
- Gearing: 7-Speed mechanical gearing
- Tires: 20×4 inch Tires
- Material: Chromoly steel frame
- Accessories: Disc brakes, battery, side stand, bell, LED front & rear light, road safety kit
- SNIPES Edition: SNIPES orange, SNIPES Decal Set, Foot Pegs, Rim Sticker
- Motor: 250 W brushless rear hub motor
- Battery: 48 V 662.4 Wh (13.8 Ah) lithium-ion battery in Hailong casing (removeable)
- Battery Positions: on the frame, in the frame
- LCD Display: Speedometer, PAS level, milage & more
- Length: 1715 mm
- Seat Height: 79 0mm (min) – 1100 mm (max)
- Weight: 32 kg
- Max. total weight: 150 kg (330 lbs)
Unimoke SNIPES Edition | € 2,990The Unimoke SNIPES Edition provides not only an extreme fun factor but also high utility in all areas of urban life. The bike impresses with its vintage design and brings you and your passenger safely to your destination – and always in style! Thanks to the unique multi-rack solution with seven interchangeable racks and a wide range of unique accessories, these bikes can be adapted to all needs: for Friends, Family & Work! The Unimoke SNIPES Edition is particularly well suited for tall (up to 195 cm) or cargo transport. (Expected to be available from 15.05.2022).
- Electric Pedal Assist Cycle (EPAC) 25 km/h
- Range: up to 80 km (50 miles) range*
- Brakes: Hydraulic disc brakes
- Gearing: 7-speed mechanical gearing
- Tires: 20×4 inch all-terrain tires
- Material: Chromoly steel frame & stainless steel screws
- Included Accessories: 7 Inch Metal Headlamp, LED-Backlight, Kickstand, Hydraulic Disc Brakes, Bell, Seat Extension, Foot Pegs, Advert Panels, SNIPES Decal Set
- Motor: 250 W motor, 48 V controller & LCD display
- Battery: Silverfish battery with high-quality Samsung cells. Battery sizes 14.25 Ah 684 Wh, Made in Germany.
- Display: Illuminated with all riding details, such as PAS level, speed, odometer, running time & more
- Sensor: Double torque sensor with 9 Levels of pedal assist
- Dimensions: 171,5 cm x 71 cm x 110 cm
- Seat height: 84 cm
- Weight: 33 kg including the battery
- Maximum total weight: 185 kg (407 lbs)